Dundee Doggy Daycare Terms and Conditions
1. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited has relied on The Clients representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour towards any person or other dog. If your dog is showing any signs of being unwell, please contact the centre as soon as possible and keep your dog home until the symptoms pass. Infectious conditions such as Kennel Cough require absence from daycare for 14 days from onset of symptoms.
2. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited staff prior to attending day care for the ﬁrst time. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed, in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, distressed, dangerous or disruptive to the other dogs in daycare. Some examples for refusal can include, but are not limited to, excessive marking, mounting, barking, pushy behaviour, bullying, negative reactions from other dogs, stress, etc.
3.The Client agrees that Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will keep them up to date about any observed behaviours that they feel may need addressed either in daycare or in The Clients care. Needs of each dog can change throughout their lives and occasionally Daycare may become a less suitable environment for the dog as they mature. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will inform the Client if they suspect this may be the case and if possible, an alternative service will be offered.
4. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited reserves the right to segregate initially, or at any time, any dog which appears nervous, frightened, or otherwise uncomfortable in the presence of other dogs. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will notify the Client in such an event, and discuss options for future care services.
5. Dundee Doggy Daycare staff have the right to refuse entry to any dog upon booked arrival if they feel the dog is showing signs of avoidance, fear, illness or a potential behavioural change during drop off. Our staff have worked with dogs for a long time and our instincts/observations in these situations are rarely wrong. This decision will be discussed with The Client at the time. The Client agrees to remove their dog from daycare for that day without contest. These decisions are made to prevent your dog harming another dog, being harmed by another dog, creating a negative association with daycare and/or spreading any illness or infections.
6. The Client agrees to notify Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog, that has the potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited is a place where dogs comingle in groups and the Client accepts that during normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored at Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries caused by teeth and claws, can occur despite supervision. The Client accepts that pads initially become sensitive or sore until the dog becomes accustomed to the different surface areas and that their nails may become worn down whilst playing on the concrete in the outside play area.
7. The Client authorises the staff of Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited to seek vet advice and/or treatment if they feel it necessary. The Client accepts that staff of Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will use the closest veterinary surgery, which is Parkside Veterinary Group Ltd, on Kings Cross Road, to treat their pet if their vet is unreachable.
8. Dundee Doggy Daycare limited reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including Bordetella), or if the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete. We require an up to date copy of your vaccinations certiﬁcate every time your dog receives his/her boosters. Puppies are permitted to attend for their assessment visit 4 weeks after receiving their vaccinations and after receiving the all clear from the vet to socialise with other dogs.
9. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Kennel Cough (Bordetella) there is a chance that their dog can still contract a variant of the virus. The Client agrees that they will not hold Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough (Bordetella) whilst attending day care.
10. The Client agrees to that any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free from contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The client further agrees to notify Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such disease and conditions include, but are not limited to, Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Internal Parasites. Dundee Doggy Daycare limited reserved the right to refuse admission until satisﬁed that the condition is resolved.
11. The Client agrees to Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited using a slip lead to aid in the correction of any undesirable behaviour, i.e. bullying or excessive barking. The slip lead is purely to keep the dogs close to the handler during the correction period.
12. The Client agrees to ensure that their dog has eaten at least 2 hours before arrival at Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited to ensure sufﬁcient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion) for which Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will not be held responsible.
13. All payments must be made within 24 hours of your dog attending daycare. Further bookings will not be accepted until payments are made unless discussed with management.
14. Dogs must be neutered to attend Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited. This is part of our licence and insurance requirements and is unfortunately non-negotiable. Male puppies can be accepted until the age of 6 months at which time staff at Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited will ask about castration intentions. Occasionally, we have puppies who exhibit signs of sexual maturity before six months (behaviours which include mounting dogs, marking, etc). If we feel this is causing upset to any dog, we will discuss with you in the first instance but reserve the right to refuse admission if this is the case. Once your dog has been neutered and has been given the all clear from the vet, we require all dogs to come along for a visit again to ensure they are fit and well and happy to be back in daycare. Occasionally a dog may not be ready despite the all clear from the vet and we will discuss this with you. Please do not worry, some dogs can just be more sensitive than others after their surgery and we just want to make sure that they are happy and settled before coming in for a full day.
15. Bitches are permitted to attend Dundee Doggy Daycare without neutering/spaying but must not attend whilst ‘in season’. ‘In season’ can include unwanted attention/noticeable swelling of vulva and/or behavioural changes which staff will inform owners of but are not permitted to attend or enter the centre for four weeks beginning on the first day of bleeding. The four weeks from day one of bleeding should take your dog through stages of season and they should be fit to return. All dogs must attend for reassessment after four weeks to ensure they are mentally and emotionally ready to return. If your female dog experiences a silent season (no bleeding or obvious signs of season), they must have veterinary review before returning. Females are not permitted to attend daycare if a phantom pregnancy is suspected and will need veterinary review before returning to daycare.
16. Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited holds insurance for Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability and Care Custody & Control of Dogs which covers each dog whilst in Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited premises. A full copy of our insurance can be viewed at any time and details this condition.
17. Please note that as part of our licence agreement we operate a strict staff to dog ratio and as such, at least 24 hours’ notice of a cancellation is required. If this is not adhered to, Dundee Doggy Daycare Limited reserves the right to charge the daily fee.
18. All dogs must wear a collar with safety release catch and an identity tag when attending daycare.
19. Any late collection of your dog will be subject to a charge of £10 for any portion of a half an hour past 6pm. This is to cover staff costs for extra working hours.
20. Any abusive behaviour towards staff of Dundee Doggy Daycare will not be tolerated and will be reported to police.